Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Frugal Friday: Cocktail Dress

Well, I had to do it.  I had to file my nails down due to my recent break.  I think between weather and bartending, my nails are having a hard time staying strong.  I am trying to make a conscious effort to moisturize more often and I've been on a mission to drink lots of water.

I have some pictures of manis that I have taken before "the file down" that I may post.  So you may see a variation in nail length but I have a hard time liking my nails this short!  There are many bloggers that have shorter nails, aka "nubs" or "nubbins" and those bloggers rock the heck out of them.  I just feel like it doesn't suit my hand.  I don't every have my nails too long to begin with this length is definitely shorter than I like.

For this Frugal Friday, I have a Maybelline Color Show polish.  The one is from the Sequins collection. I no longer have my receipt but these are about $3 at Walmart.  I am not positive if they are charging more for the  glitters...hopefully not! This particular collection is limited edition so if you like what you see, don't hesitate too long.  I picked up two from this collection and the one I picked for today is called Cocktail Dress.  It has a black base with a mixture of black glitter and slightly larger red glitter.  This polish is a bit of a problem child for me.  I started off using a nail wheel and the formula was just...dry?  Not really sure how to describe it but it just didn't flow well on the nail.  I then added some thinner and it was more workable then.  For the photos below, I used three coats, then a coat of Gelous, then a coat of SV.   I don't like when a glitter is really rough on the nail and this combination usually solves that problem.

Okay...shall we get on to the pictures?!!

Sunlight

Shade

Have a good weekend!

9 comments:

  1. I think those little guys look cute - but I am partial to short nails:) This color is so awesome! I have never tried this brand before...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, like you, prefer my nails a bit longer. But they look nice on your hands, better than mine! So rock those nubbins! And that is an interesting color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this color on you. Even with the two topcoats I can see what you are referring to as "dry." It doesn't seem to have a very big shine like most glitter do. Does that make sense? Good luck moisturizing. I am trying to do the same thing. I have had to up my cuticle cream a lot with the dry weather we are experiencing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For chunky glitter polishes, I almost always have to layer with Gelous and good fast dry top coat. I like the Color Show polishes so far, so will have to check out these Sequin polishes and see if I have the same results as you in terms of the formula. I recently filed all of my nails down too. I do that about once a month, just because I get to the point I have a hard time working with my nails when they get so long. I don't mind it when they are shorter, but I know what you mean about feeling self conscious when you post photos. I like your short nails and I think they look very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is truly a great and helpful piece of information and nice collection.
    I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful information with us.
    Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

    sexy dresses

    ReplyDelete
  6. satta king

    satta kingSocial media marketing has been gaining a lot more attention over the years,

    ReplyDelete
  7. satta king Ask your friends for advice before you choose a home security companies and systems.

    ReplyDelete
  8. play bazaar

    play bazaar A warm bath may give you some of the itch out of eczema.

    ReplyDelete